Monday, January 24, 2011

What not to wear.

Canada's mens team, together with their new partner Umbro today unveiled the new home and away shirt, which you can see here at Canadian Soccer news

I don't buy TFC shirts because I don't like sponsors, so for me, aside from the chance to wear it once or twice at Canada games, the main purpose for this would be as a good shirt to wear to summer TFC games, still supporting the team, and contributing to the red in the crowd without having to be a billboard for BMO.  So I was really looking forward to buying the newest red version, but now?

I'm no fashion expert, so this won't be a compllicated critique, more of a gut reaction, and that gut reaction is ugh.  The chevrons are ugly, the shade of red is way too bright (though in the drawing below the actual picture, it's darker, I like that a lot more, hopefully that's what it looks like in real life), the collar makes it look like a t-shirt, the logo doesn't stand out at all, and the whole thing is way too reminiscent of a Man Utd shirt for my comfort.

The white one works a lot better, so maybe I'll get that one, I dunno, hopefully by the time they go on sale in the summer, the red will have grown on me, but for now, it's a bit of a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment