Thursday, March 31, 2011

Big changes at Cruel Geography.

Ever since I started this about 6 months ago, it's always been a wierd combination of subjects really.  Toronto FC, MLS and Canada stuff, awkwardly mixed in with stuff about Darlington and other things about lower league english clubs.  It works great for me, but despite the obvious links (Jason de Vos AND Johann Smith), I can't imagine there's that many people who see it as a natural fit.  I thought a few times about splitting it up into two blogs, or finding some other way of  narrowing my focus, but ended up just keeping going. 

I sometimes like to think there's a small bunch of Canadians who are a bit more interested in Darlo now, and vice versa, that there's English people out there who've adopted TFC as their MLS club.  I highly doubt it, but hopefully some of you have enjoyed the mix, or at least weren't completely put off by having to filter through all the crap you're not interested in.

Anyway, where this is all leading is to the fact that going forward the awkward mix will be no more, as I'm excited to announce starting from today, I'll be writing about Toronto FC for SBNation at http://www.wakingthered.com/.  Feel free to click on the link and go check it out, and I'll be putting a permanent link to there somewhere prominent here as well.

I guess all bloggers eventually find their niche, and TFC is definitely becoming my main priority, if only because I live here and can actually watch the games, but I'll be keeping Cruel Geography going for my English stuff, and once things have settled down with Waking the Red, I'll be changing a few things around here, and I'm hoping to get back to some more regular posting.  I'm determined to not just let it die a slow death, but I probably won't have as much time as before, so if anyone wants to contribute anything, whether a one off piece or a regular contribution, I'll be delighted to consider anything really, whether it's about your club, or supporter culture in general.  For example, did your team have a particularly memorable 1991-92 season?  Want to write about it for my 20 years ago page, as a one off post, or a month by month thing like I'm doing with Darlington 1990-91?  If so, or for any other idea you think would fit in, email me at the address at the top of the page.

Cheers
Duncan.

1 comment:

  1. Such a Nice Blog! I really happy to reaad this blog. This blog is very informative for me. Such a great work by authore here.
    solar street light

    ReplyDelete