Thursday, September 2, 2010

Non-League Day.

Well, given the philosophy of this blog, it would be wrong of me not to use my first non-introductory post to promote this http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/

"WITH ENGLAND PLAYING THE NIGHT BEFORE AND THE PREMIER LEAGUE AND CHAMPIONSHIP TAKING A WEEK OFF, I URGE ALL FANS OF THE BIG CLUBS TO GET OUT AND WATCH THEIR LOCAL NON-LEAGUE TEAM INSTEAD ON SATURDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER. GIVEN THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CLIMATE, CLUBS OUTSIDE THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE NEED ALL THE SUPPORT THEY CAN GET, SO YOUR PRESENCE AT A GAME WILL BE GENUINELY APPRECIATED. WITH TICKETS AND REFRESHMENTS AT A FRACTION OF THE COST, WHAT'S STOPPING YOU?"

League's one and two are still very much open for business as well, so as it says, what's stopping you?

2 comments:

  1. The only thing stopping me is that I don't live in England:) I will however be supporting my country on Saturday - Canada vs. Peru, BMO Field, 5pm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are trying to do even better than that. In Sheffield obviously there are the teo main clubs, but we also have the two teams, Sheffield FC and Hallam. One is officially the oldest club in the world and one the oldest ground in the world. I'm not quite sure what lowly leagues they play in, but next match that fits in our schedule and we'll be there.

    ReplyDelete